Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Aaron Gray

Default Problems with F16 getting Ethernet Manual Mode

Hi,
Installed F16 and TFTP is working correctly now which is nice

Had problems with xinetd and tftpd on F14 and F15, had to use a work around directly calling tftpd deamon.

Now I am having problems with my second ethernet controller as I am trying to set it up to be a gateway.

Normal Ethernet configuration via the GUI is not allowing me to set ethernet to Manual Mode. Basically the "Save" button is grayed out.
And if I set it to "Disabled", ifup does not work.

ifconfig and ifup results below.

Help, if its not one thing its another I have had to redo the configuration for PXE several times now over past 8 months, from F14, to F15 and now to F16.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

[root@xxxx ang]# ifconfig
em1****** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:26:18:E4:99:77*
********* inet addr:192.168.0.6* Bcast:192.168.0.255* Mask:255.255.255.0

********* inet6 addr: fe80::226:18ff:fee4:9977/64 Scope:Link
********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:3537 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:1587 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
********* RX bytes:2281504 (2.1 MiB)* TX bytes:257253 (251.2 KiB)
********* Interrupt:41 Base address:0x8000

lo******* Link encap:Local Loopback*
********* inet addr:127.0.0.1* Mask:255.0.0.0

********* inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
********* UP LOOPBACK RUNNING* MTU:16436* Metric:1
********* RX packets:653 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:653 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
********* RX bytes:82915 (80.9 KiB)* TX bytes:82915 (80.9 KiB)

p2p1***** Link encap:Ethernet* HWaddr 00:24:01:ED:05:35*
********* inet6 addr: fe80::224:1ff:feed:535/64 Scope:Link

********* UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST* MTU:1500* Metric:1
********* RX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
********* TX packets:83 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
********* collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000

********* RX bytes:4788 (4.6 KiB)* TX bytes:11742 (11.4 KiB)
********* Interrupt:17 Base address:0x4c00

[root@xxxx ang]# ifup p2p1
Active connection state: activating
Active connection path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/9

** (process:2403): WARNING **: _nm_object_get_property: Error getting 'State' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/9: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

state: unknown
Error: Connection activation failed.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Aaron Gray

Installed F16 and TFTP is working correctly now which is nice

Had problems with xinetd and tftpd on F14 and F15, had to use a work around directly calling tftpd deamon.

Now I am having problems with my second ethernet controller as I am trying to set it up to be a gateway.

Solved. Sorry for noise !
Aaron*