Old 12-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Joe Zeff

Default Gnome 3 screensaver

On 12/03/2011 01:01 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> GNOME 3 no longer includes built-in screensaver support, but you can
> still use the legendary xscreensaver software to get a slide show
> screensaver.

Oh, good. I never liked the gnome screensaver and always used
xscreensaver. One of the things I didn't like is that gnome would
insist on using it if it were installed, even if I'd set it not to run.
I always had to uninstall it to make it stop.

> Then, locate the xscreensaver configuration tool in your applications
> menu or run:
> $ xscreensaver-demo

FYI, if you do that before starting the daemon, xscreensaver-demo will
let you know it's not running and offer to start it for you.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Mike Chambers

On Sat, 2011-12-03 at 14:01 -0700, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Mike Chambers <mike@miketc.net> wrote:
> > Anyone tell me what to install to get screensaver setup in gnome3?
> > Specifically to use slide show and my own picture folder?
>
> GNOME 3 no longer includes built-in screensaver support, but you can
> still use the legendary xscreensaver software to get a slide show
> screensaver.
>
> First, install it:
> # yum install xscreensaver

Got it and all set, thanks.