Old 12-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

Default Boot Problems em1: link becomes ready

Installed Fedora 16 and after setting up account and installing needed
apps (LibreOffice etc) when rebooted I was stuck in text console whit
the screen now going beyond this message:

em1: link becomes ready

Can't use that desktop. Please suggest

Old 12-03-2011, 09:23 AM
suvayu ali

Hi Swapnil,

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 11:07, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:
> Installed Fedora 16 and after setting up account and installing needed
> apps (LibreOffice etc) when rebooted I was stuck in text console whit
> the screen now going beyond this message:
>
> em1: link becomes ready
>
> Can't use that desktop. Please suggest

Repeating your question every 12 hours in a separate thread is not
going to get you any answers. Many even consider this as rude/bad
etiquette.

This mailing list is a volunteer effort, if someone feels they can
help you they will get back to your thread when they *can*. So I would
say, a little bit of patience.

That said, I don't know anything about your problem but from the "em1"
bit in the error message I think it might be something to do with your
network card (I presume you have biosdevname installed?).

Good Luck.

--
Suvayu

Old 12-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Swapnil Bhartiya

> Repeating your question every 12 hours in a separate thread is not
> going to get you any answers. Many even consider this as rude/bad
> etiquette.

apologies. keep in mind.

> This mailing list is a volunteer effort, if someone feels they can
> help you they will get back to your thread when they *can*. So I would
> say, a little bit of patience.

apologies, again.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Soham Chakraborty

Can you try to boot with biosdevname=1 parameter and see if it works. If it does not, I would like to see it*reversed*i.e biosdevname=0.
This is not any conclusive answer by any means, just an attempt to see whether it does any good or bad. Also, what is the system where you are trying to install.

Thanks,Soham

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 6:18 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya <swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Repeating your question every 12 hours in a separate thread is not

> going to get you any answers. Many even consider this as rude/bad

> etiquette.

apologies. keep in mind.

> This mailing list is a volunteer effort, if someone feels they can

> help you they will get back to your thread when they *can*. So I would

> say, a little bit of patience.

apologies, again.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

On 12/03/2011 03:13 PM, Soham Chakraborty wrote:
> Can you try to boot with biosdevname=1 parameter and see if it works. If
> it does not, I would like to see it reversed i.e biosdevname=0.
>
> This is not any conclusive answer by any means, just an attempt to see
> whether it does any good or bad. Also, what is the system where you are
> trying to install.

Thanks Soham,

Since the PC was not booting I reformatted. Everything is working fine
so far. I think it was caused by some script from fedora utils.

Thanks, again.

Swapnil

Old 12-03-2011, 10:17 PM
suvayu ali

Hi Swapnil,

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 20:49, Swapnil Bhartiya
<swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it was caused by some script from fedora utils.

This is the second time I have heard on this list fedora-utils screw
up an install. Please consider reporting this to the fedora-utils
author.

This is potentially very dangerous since most new users will try it
out and fall prey to this buggy behaviour. And since they are new
users, they can't resolve the situation by themselves.

--
Suvayu

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Swapnil Bhartiya

On 12/04/2011 12:17 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> Hi Swapnil,
>
> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 20:49, Swapnil Bhartiya
> <swapnil.bhartiya@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think it was caused by some script from fedora utils.
>
> This is the second time I have heard on this list fedora-utils screw
> up an install. Please consider reporting this to the fedora-utils
> author.

I sure will. Loving Fedora again. Playing with Gnome 3 and writing some
articles on the same.

Thanks for support.

Best
Swapnil