FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Elliott Chapin
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

I hope this helps break up my logjam. Following is amended output from
yum update and yum update --skip-broken:

Skipped (dependency problems):
firefox x86_64
8.0-3.fc16 updates
18 M
xulrunner x86_64
8.0-1.fc16 updates
10 M
xulrunner-devel x86_64
8.0-1.fc16 updates
3.8 M

--------------------------------------------

ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
kmod-wl-2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.7.x86_64
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
kmod-wl-2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.8.x86_64
kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
kmod-wl-2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.9.x86_64
Please report this error in http://yum.baseurl.org/report
** Found 9 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
kmod-wl-2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.7.x86_64 has missing
requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.3', '0.fc15.x86_64')
kmod-wl-2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.8.x86_64 has missing
requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.4', '5.fc15.x86_64')
kmod-wl-2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.9.x86_64 has missing
requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.6', '0.fc15.x86_64')
perl-Gtk2-MozEmbed-0.09-1.fc15.5.x86_64 has missing requires of
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.12.4)
qyoto-4.6.5-1.fc15.x86_64 has missing requires of
libqscintilla2.so.5()(64bit)
xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
libavcodec.so.52()(64bit)
xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
libavformat.so.52()(64bit)
xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
libavutil.so.50()(64bit)
xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
libswscale.so.0()(64bit)

--
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Reindl Harald
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
and make sure that "package-cleanup --problems" gives no
warning

Am 03.12.2011 00:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
> I hope this helps break up my logjam. Following is amended output from
> yum update and yum update --skip-broken:
>
> Skipped (dependency problems):
> firefox x86_64
> 8.0-3.fc16 updates
> 18 M
> xulrunner x86_64
> 8.0-1.fc16 updates
> 10 M
> xulrunner-devel x86_64
> 8.0-1.fc16 updates
> 3.8 M
>
> --------------------------------------------
>
> ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:
> kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.7.x86_64
> kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.8.x86_64
> kernel-uname-r = 2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64 is needed by (installed)
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.9.x86_64
> Please report this error in http://yum.baseurl.org/report
> ** Found 9 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.3-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.7.x86_64 has missing
> requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.3', '0.fc15.x86_64')
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.4-5.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.8.x86_64 has missing
> requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.4', '5.fc15.x86_64')
> kmod-wl-2.6.40.6-0.fc15.x86_64-5.60.48.36-2.fc15.9.x86_64 has missing
> requires of kernel-uname-r = ('0', '2.6.40.6', '0.fc15.x86_64')
> perl-Gtk2-MozEmbed-0.09-1.fc15.5.x86_64 has missing requires of
> perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.12.4)
> qyoto-4.6.5-1.fc15.x86_64 has missing requires of
> libqscintilla2.so.5()(64bit)
> xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
> libavcodec.so.52()(64bit)
> xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
> libavformat.so.52()(64bit)
> xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
> libavutil.so.50()(64bit)
> xdtv-2.4.1-0.6cvs15.fc12.x86_64 has missing requires of
> libswscale.so.0()(64bit)
>

--

Mit besten Grüßen, Reindl Harald
the lounge interactive design GmbH
A-1060 Vienna, Hofmühlgasse 17
CTO / software-development / cms-solutions
p: +43 (1) 595 3999 33, m: +43 (676) 40 221 40
icq: 154546673, http://www.thelounge.net/

http://www.thelounge.net/signature.asc.what.htm

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Elliott Chapin
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade

Specifically?

> and make sure that "package-cleanup --problems" gives no

Done, already posted.

> warning
>


- --
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJO2WwSAAoJEPqb3i9nwvAJwxEH+wUk1Nu2rs CYAHrjvUybeSvf
OKwBQTqFmkAn96E1icvFtX9UNzX6C80bzdZOb5KS2bW0L1RdoQ xQttQrWsm1glxY
YUtHOL5rGeEVwpJVEVGnVIs8Bmd2LOSDvqmQmQWFqAk6nmXU77 mjFOXH67s1ndbT
mgRQyBpJPFDjQRiOBj92/UAfb+kL1WTGTeaaZlNpdRKBxe3T7iMXYI0xfb47cATZ
yoJOz56WJOsWXVcble6zjXSZ+55dhYgOy2CtwAkcnuWN0PacUp 7lIXwNVqhnkibw
0xDMvyRuwHRGndlGLUc7n4JWHRFZ4YbLWg6yQvqQ/Tm6zRnNAcFDS6pJDQ929Tw=
=bppA
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Reindl Harald
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

Am 03.12.2011 01:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
> On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
>
> Specifically?

the kmod-packages and the crap listed which was built
against the old ffmpeg-libraries and no update available

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Elliott Chapin
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 12/02/2011 08:28 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>
> Am 03.12.2011 01:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
>> On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
>>
>> Specifically?
>
> the kmod-packages and the crap listed which was built against the
> old ffmpeg-libraries and no update available
>

Thx. The kmod-wl I apparently need because I have broadcom wifi - it
generally has caught up after a few days. I'll study the ffmeg biz.
The state of my system is a bit annoying - but generally usable. The
next thing I'll do is see how much I have to uncheck from the
suggested update list and still not see the whole process stall.


- --
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJO2Y+sAAoJEPqb3i9nwvAJ+kcH/2zYrgbCP8Q8lb3fIZ3uaPJH
AVWLoFSof0J3L5N1rJ0lZf3womSGt22B+CotG4VqlnK4EBukeM hLPOWhsIPUepaD
WxR0OgAyuQhnWM/Q2KjRozMbKgM1jNM3gUUU75462GDIOtm6r4POwcLchrd0x3hr
fDQAqcux/PoOGvoauX02ycaMW5AOubJddsLcDU7BlTI3McDVZi/S4wnttKuU8feI
WaL6352x/O1YwLbKSoRkID88if13zhNpCYvsDzgeiL3AaX00jwDy9YACuq3 +ab7i
wHMeYUhFcUvn7nTY9wh2n9LYzBv5EVVNoFvehQdpc0DOqYOvqV AG5svo2yp6mkw=
=w2XZ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-03-2011, 02:07 AM
Elliott Chapin
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 12/02/2011 08:28 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>
> Am 03.12.2011 01:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
>> On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
>>
>> Specifically?
>
> the kmod-packages and the crap listed which was built against the
> old ffmpeg-libraries and no update available
>
>

Actually, I see that yumex is a nice tool for improving this kind of
mess somewhat.


- --
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJO2ZKDAAoJEPqb3i9nwvAJegIH/1Iqqj6TeM6x2z5kZiqmUEUt
ybGswjuN5s3ojpASGApSru3i9u/OUFfAko6VyyrWgCfgQfAWt14XQoqAeKLo/mQ3
ma52h4rJ3ly8o4HwZaWr8keQ0CQ2b9xlobEAJtV/HanCi0PsEcXmQ+WvPB3aOJeL
ggpayPuAIPAQzo1Q2zIJQRpJ9LBiFw81eN4+rnp0m5X/1i4paTukUbMd3ADl8obL
K1TSZVa5IGZ3ELVVjghqBb6AHff64EB0+GEnP2GgRKlkcMdXyz cmVtFoO8KtF5Vk
HjFbXdNsjNRhslpDmswxhqhnJBGmaveIolnzc4l3IYY/3X0h8xnIVSZs7dLEIPk=
=d7m/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Craig White
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 22:07 -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> On 12/02/2011 08:28 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >
> >
> > Am 03.12.2011 01:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
> >> On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> >>> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
> >>
> >> Specifically?
> >
> > the kmod-packages and the crap listed which was built against the
> > old ffmpeg-libraries and no update available
> >
> >
>
> Actually, I see that yumex is a nice tool for improving this kind of
> mess somewhat.
----
regardless of which tool you use, for issues like this, it's always
quicker & easier to remove broken packages and re-install them.

Craig


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 
Old 12-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Elliott Chapin
 
Default FC16 update problems - more info

On 12/02/2011 10:17 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 22:07 -0500, Elliott Chapin wrote:
>> On 12/02/2011 08:28 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 03.12.2011 01:24, schrieb Elliott Chapin:
>>>> On 12/02/2011 06:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>>>> remove weak supported external packages for the upgrade
>>>>
>>>> Specifically?
>>>
>>> the kmod-packages and the crap listed which was built against the
>>> old ffmpeg-libraries and no update available
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Actually, I see that yumex is a nice tool for improving this kind of
>> mess somewhat.
> ----
> regardless of which tool you use, for issues like this, it's always
> quicker & easier to remove broken packages and re-install them.
>
> Craig
>
>

Thanks for the reminder. That may work with some of what remains.

--
clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org