Old 03-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Nilesh Govindrajan

Default Problem with scanner and websites

I am having two problems with my system -

1. I can't open some sites like drupal.org ; etc.

I am using OpenDNS. Opening the site through a proxy works. But on my
system, even lynx doesn't open it. Just keeps loading......loading.....

How to solve this ?

2. My scanner is available to root only

I have a USB printer cum scanner.

I can print with my user account but only root account is able to scan.

Even when I run the sane-find-scanner with my user account, it doesn't
detect my scanner ; but it works with root account.

I have attached two files which have the output of the commands with
each of the accounts. Please go through it and help me.
# sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
# you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x4d11 [PSC 1400 series]) at libusb:003:007
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
# can't be detected by this program.

# scanimage -L

device `hpaio:/usb/PSC_1400_series?serial=CN5CLC21S704BM' is a Hewlett-Packard PSC_1400_series all-in-one$ sane-find-scanner

# sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
# result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
# scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
# you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0, product=0x4d11) at libusb:003:007
# Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

# Not checking for parallel port scanners.

# Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
# can't be detected by this program.

# You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
# found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
# necessary.

$ scanimage -L

which came with this software (README, FAQ, manpages).--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com

Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
"max bianco"

[...]

*# SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.

[...]

Max