Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 AM
"Steven P. Ulrick"

Default installonlypkgs

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:57:17 +1000
david walcroft <d_j_w46@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> david walcroft wrote:
> > Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>>

> >> It is a configuration option in yum.conf. Not a separate package.
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >>
> > Thanks for that Rahul,I'll try 'installonlypkgs=4' in yum.conf.
> >
> > david
> >

> Sorry about that Rahul,I should have read the man page better,
> I've tried 'installonly_4' but yum cannot parse yum.conf with this
> option.What is the correct way tell yum to hold 4 kernels.

Hello, David
My yum.conf has the following line:
installonly_limit=2

I Google'd for installonly_limit=2 and I found the following:
http://www.accessgrid.org/node/1016

The section under the heading "More than 2 kernels when yum updating"
seems to talk about exactly what you want to do. So, I would assume
that you would need a line in your "yum.conf" file something like this:
installonly_limit=4

Steven P. Ulrick

Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
david walcroft

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

[...]

Thanks Steven just what I was looking for

david