Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
"Zoltan Kota"

Default pilot and palm sync

Hi,

I have just got a Palm Z22. I would like to use it with jpilot under
F8 with the latest updates. I set the device to 'usb:' in jpilot. It
seems to work as root but not with a normal user! Some permissions?
What should I check?
Thanks.
Zoltan

Old 04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Bradley Pursley

Zoltan Kota wrote:

Hi,

I have just got a Palm Z22. I would like to use it with jpilot under
F8 with the latest updates. I set the device to 'usb:' in jpilot. It
seems to work as root but not with a normal user! Some permissions?
What should I check?
Thanks.
Zoltan

Someone else gave me the solution to this problem like this:

There are two ways. The big hammer, and the "right way".

If you're less interested in keeping some devices inaccessible from a normal
account, a simpler permission scheme will make all USB devices available. In
this latter case, no udev changes are needed, only a file
in /etc/security/console.perms.d/usb.perms:

<usbdevices>=/dev/bus/usb/*/*

<console> 0600 <usbdevices>

The "right way" is to add your device to the file.

Hope this helps.

Bradley