Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Ranjan Maitra

Default using document camera with linux

Hi,

I want to use a ELMO document camera with my linux laptop (Fedora 16).
Is there any way to do so? I can get the exact model number of the ELMO
tomorrow if that would be helpful but I wanted to see if this is at all
possible.

Many thanks for any pointers!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 PM
suvayu ali

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 15:44, Ranjan Maitra <maitra@iastate.edu> wrote:
> I want to use a ELMO document camera with my linux laptop (Fedora 16).
> Is there any way to do so? I can get the exact model number of the ELMO
> tomorrow if that would be helpful but I wanted to see if this is at all
> possible.

Disclaimer: I have seen an ELMO being used once so I don't know what I
am talking about.

There should be a web interface which will let you connect to it.
Maybe you can work out something from that? Using
mplayer/vlc/wget/curl comes to mind.

--
Suvayu

Old 11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Ranjan Maitra

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:51:05 -0600 suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu
+linux@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 15:44, Ranjan Maitra <maitra@iastate.edu> wrote:
> > I want to use a ELMO document camera with my linux laptop (Fedora 16).
> > Is there any way to do so? I can get the exact model number of the ELMO
> > tomorrow if that would be helpful but I wanted to see if this is at all
> > possible.
>
> Disclaimer: I have seen an ELMO being used once so I don't know what I
> am talking about.
>
> There should be a web interface which will let you connect to it.
> Maybe you can work out something from that? Using
> mplayer/vlc/wget/curl comes to mind.

Thanks very much, Suvayu! Let us see what suggestions others may have.
All I really want is to display the document camera onto my screen, and
then recordmydesktop can do the rest.

Best wishes,
Ranjan

Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 AM

On 11/27/2011 02:44 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use a ELMO document camera with my linux laptop (Fedora 16).
> Is there any way to do so? I can get the exact model number of the ELMO
> tomorrow if that would be helpful but I wanted to see if this is at all
> possible.
>
> Many thanks for any pointers!

'elmo document camera' sounded familiar from years back.

ran a google search for "ELMO document camera" to see if it was what i
thought and found that they are;

http://www.elmousa.com/

next ran "linux site:elmousa.com" to see what would show. this is what
was produced;

http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+site%3Aelmousa.com&hl=en&num=100&lr =&ft=i&cr=&safe=images

[watch for rap]

#
[PDF]
EDR-X1 Remote Software Read ME _E_
www.elmousa.com/files/CCTV.../EDR-X1_Remote_Software.pdf
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
32-bit/64-bit for Windows/Linux/Solaris SPARC. 32-bit for Solaris x86 iii. Run
the install package on your PC. NOTE: This remote program is not compatible ...
#
[PDF]
ELMO Wireless Slate / Tablet
www.elmousa.com/files/tablet_manual.pdf
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
ELMO Wireless Slate / Tablet. CRA-1. User's Guide. Please read this manual well
before using CRA-1. Please preserve this manual in preparation for the ...

you did not mention model, so i do not know if above will apply.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,

.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

****
**
**
**