Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Paul Allen Newell

Default : question regarding f16 under various DEs

On 11/26/2011 11:27 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Paul Allen Newell<pnewell@cs.cmu.edu> wrote:
>> If the "one install DVD" has all of the DEs (gnome, kde, xfce, and
>> lxde), how does one tell the installation process which one to use? This
>> may be pure newbie on my part, but when I do an install I have never
>> seen an option to pick the DE.
> Select "Customize now" from the bottom of this screen, which should
> appear immediately after disk partitioning on DVD and net installs:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/s1-pkgselection-x86.html
>
> Then, select Desktop Environments from the left listbox in this
> screen, and choose your desktop environment from the right listbox:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Installation_Guide/sn-package-selection-x86.html
>
> -T.C.

T.C.:

Of course, since I always accepted the default, I never clicked that
"Customize Now" option and therefore never seen those options. You have
saved me the effort of downloading all the spins (and the iso burns
involved in such).

I will do such on my testing of f16.

Consider this question resolved.

Many thanks,