Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
sean darcy

Default F15: how to set clamd service?

I can't find a daemon script for clamav. I can start clamd directly,
that seems to work.

Is there a chkconfig or systemd script? Or do you need to stick
something in rc.local?

rpm -qa | grep clam | sort
clamav-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
clamav-data-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
clamav-filesystem-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
clamav-lib-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
clamav-server-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686

sean

Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Paul Allen Newell

On 11/26/2011 2:55 PM, sean darcy wrote:
> I can't find a daemon script for clamav. I can start clamd directly,
> that seems to work.
>
> Is there a chkconfig or systemd script? Or do you need to stick
> something in rc.local?
>
> rpm -qa | grep clam | sort
> clamav-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-data-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-filesystem-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-lib-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-server-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
>
> sean

Sean:

Try http://www.clamav.net/doc/latest/clamdoc.pdf

I've found some other links for "how-to" for older fc* releases, but
this seems to be clamav.net take on what to do

Old 11-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:55:37 -0500, SD (sean) wrote:

> I can't find a daemon script for clamav. I can start clamd directly,
> that seems to work.
>
> Is there a chkconfig or systemd script? Or do you need to stick
> something in rc.local?
>
> rpm -qa | grep clam | sort
> clamav-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-data-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-filesystem-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-lib-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-server-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686

Watch out for additional packages in the output of:

yum list clamav*

Start with included documentation files.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
sean darcy

> On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:55:37 -0500, SD (sean) wrote:
>
>> I can't find a daemon script for clamav. I can start clamd directly,
>> that seems to work.
>>
>> Is there a chkconfig or systemd script? Or do you need to stick
>> something in rc.local?
>>
>> rpm -qa | grep clam | sort
>> clamav-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
>> clamav-data-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
>> clamav-filesystem-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
>> clamav-lib-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
>> clamav-server-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
>
> Watch out for additional packages in the output of:
>
> yum list clamav*
>
> Start with included documentation files.

Yup. There are no standard init files. You have to roll your own.
Instructions in the server docs.

sean

Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Frank Murphy

On 26/11/11 22:55, sean darcy wrote:
> I can't find a daemon script for clamav. I can start clamd directly,
> that seems to work.
>
> Is there a chkconfig or systemd script? Or do you need to stick
> something in rc.local?
>
> rpm -qa | grep clam | sort
> clamav-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-data-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-filesystem-0.97.3-1500.fc15.noarch
> clamav-lib-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
> clamav-server-0.97.3-1500.fc15.i686
>
> sean

There is a script I have been using since F14.
Creates a clamd.clamav server, with clamav as user iirc.
It also install all necessary files.

You just have to remember to enable freshclam.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org