Old 11-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Ian Malone

Default f16 netinst from fedora 16 beta disc?

Hi,

Does anyone know if using a Fedora 16 beta netinstall disc will get me
to Fedora 16 release version directly? I've got one from previously
upgrading a system to F16 beta and want to know if I can save burning
a new disc to upgrade another machine.

Thanks
--
imalone

Old 11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Ian Malone

On 26 November 2011 15:28, Ian Malone <ibmalone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if using a Fedora 16 beta netinstall disc will get me
> to Fedora 16 release version directly? I've got one from previously
> upgrading a system to F16 beta and want to know if I can save burning
> a new disc to upgrade another machine.

For anyone else wondering about this, the answer is no. Large batch of
updates to run after the upgrade and oddly firefox and thunderbird
were left in a state where they wouldn't run until updated due to a
dependency that had been updated.

Various glx module-related problems that required a reinstall of
nvidia related packages and some messing around to fix. This saw me
starting in Gnome 3.2 fallback mode without choosing to and unable to
start things like totem.

One nice thing I did notice, NetworkManager.service can be started in
runlevel 3, provided you have the network configured. This is very
useful if you're trying to fix a machine that wont start X and only
has a wireless connection.

--
imalone