-   -   Putting Gnome on a diet (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/602958-putting-gnome-diet.html)

John Wendel 11-26-2011 04:48 AM

Putting Gnome on a diet

Gnome3 starts a lot of daemon processes that I'd like to get rid of.
Currently, I just chmod 644 the executables in /usr/libexec. Could
someone please tell me the "correct" way to configure Gnome so it
doesn't run daemons that I don't want/need.

Thanks,

John

Frank Murphy 11-26-2011 07:31 AM

Putting Gnome on a diet

On 26/11/11 05:48, John Wendel wrote:
> Gnome3 starts a lot of daemon processes that I'd like to get rid of.
> Currently, I just chmod 644 the executables in /usr/libexec. Could
> someone please tell me the "correct" way to configure Gnome so it
> doesn't run daemons that I don't want/need.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Just install fedorautils.
I'll give you a good gui way of doing it,
along with other stuff:
http://fedorautils.sourceforge.net/

"Optimise boot" section.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of fedoraproject.org

Frank Murphy 11-26-2011 07:33 AM

Putting Gnome on a diet

On 26/11/11 08:31, Frank Murphy wrote:

> I'll give you a good gui way of doing it,

s/I'll/it will