Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Michael Hennebry

Default wither pnmtops and pnmcrop

Unable to figure out how to do what I wanted in gimp,
I went looking for pnmcrop.
I had gimp out because I hadn't been able to find pnmtops.
Cropping stumped me, so I went looking again.
Eventually I figured out that I didn't have the right package installed.
yum provides told me netpbm.
yum install netpbm ran to completion without complaint,
but I still don't have any netpbm tools.
I even did a find from / as root.
Not there.
What is going on and how do I fix it?

I'm running FC14.

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:27 AM
Cameron Simpson

On 25Nov2011 20:28, Michael Hennebry <hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
| Unable to figure out how to do what I wanted in gimp,
| I went looking for pnmcrop.
| I had gimp out because I hadn't been able to find pnmtops.
| Cropping stumped me, so I went looking again.
| Eventually I figured out that I didn't have the right package installed.
| yum provides told me netpbm.
| yum install netpbm ran to completion without complaint,
| but I still don't have any netpbm tools.
| I even did a find from / as root.
| Not there.
| What is going on and how do I fix it?
|
| I'm running FC14.

Hmm. I have an FC12 box here where pnmtops comes from "netpbm-progs".
"yum info netpbm" and "yum info netpbm-progs" says the former is the
library and the latter a bunch of scripts built on it.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Why is it so hard for people to simply leave people alone? But, the answer
comes to me: they are idiots and in a perfect world, I would be permitted to
kill them all. - Julie Rhodes <jk.rhodes@asacomp.com>

Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 PM
Michael Hennebry

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On 25Nov2011 20:28, Michael Hennebry <hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
> | Unable to figure out how to do what I wanted in gimp,
> | I went looking for pnmcrop.
> | I had gimp out because I hadn't been able to find pnmtops.
> | Cropping stumped me, so I went looking again.
> | Eventually I figured out that I didn't have the right package installed.
> | yum provides told me netpbm.
> | yum install netpbm ran to completion without complaint,
> | but I still don't have any netpbm tools.
> | I even did a find from / as root.
> | Not there.
> | What is going on and how do I fix it?
> |
> | I'm running FC14.
>
> Hmm. I have an FC12 box here where pnmtops comes from "netpbm-progs".
> "yum info netpbm" and "yum info netpbm-progs" says the former is the
> library and the latter a bunch of scripts built on it.

Arrrg.
I knew that and then promptly forgot it.
Wait a sec while I find another hat, the one with my head in it.

Thanks.

--
Michael hennebry@web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
whom I teach not to run with scissors,