-   -   Fc15 writing an iso on a dvd with k3b - Unable to mount DVD-R (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/602902-fc15-writing-iso-dvd-k3b-unable-mount-dvd-r.html)

"Gregory P. Ennis" 11-26-2011 12:56 AM

Fc15 writing an iso on a dvd with k3b - Unable to mount DVD-R

Everyone,

I have a FC15 system that I am trying to create an iso image of Fc16
using k3b. I can not get k3b to recognize a blank DVD-R disk. I can
mount and read other CD and DVD media without a problem, but I am unable
to get FC15 to recognize an unformatted DVD.

Are there other software packages besides k3b that allow creating disks
from iso images?

I am not sure if this is an fc15 problem or k3b, I am suspicious that
this is an FC15 problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any solutions?

Greg Ennis

"Gregory P. Ennis" 11-26-2011 02:32 AM

Fc15 writing an iso on a dvd with k3b - Unable to mount DVD-R

Everyone,

I have a FC15 system that I am trying to create an iso image of Fc16
using k3b. I can not get k3b to recognize a blank DVD-R disk. I can
mount and read other CD and DVD media without a problem, but I am unable
to get FC15 to recognize an unformatted DVD.

Are there other software packages besides k3b that allow creating disks
from iso images?

I am not sure if this is an fc15 problem or k3b, I am suspicious that
this is an FC15 problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any solutions?

Greg Ennis

Additional testing has demonstrated that my f15 system will not
recognize a blank DVD-R disc, but will recognize a blank CD-R disc. I
have also used brasero, acetone, without success.

lshw lists the following :
*-cdrom
product: CDRWDVD CRX850E
vendor: SONY
physical id: 0.1.0
bus info: scsi@0:0.1.0
logical name: /dev/cdrom
logical name: /dev/cdrw
logical name: /dev/dvd
logical name: /dev/scd0
logical name: /dev/sr0
version: 5DK2
capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd
configuration: ansiversion=5 status=nodisc

Sure would appreciate your help.

Greg

Markku Kolkka 11-26-2011 10:08 AM

26.11.2011 5:32, Gregory P. Ennis kirjoitti:
> lshw lists the following :
> *-cdrom
> product: CDRWDVD CRX850E
> capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd

Your drive is a CD-RW/DVD device, it can't write on DVDs. There's
nothing wrong with your OS or software.

--
Markku Kolkka
markku.kolkka@iki.fi

"Gregory P. Ennis" 11-26-2011 01:23 PM

Fc15 writing an iso on a dvd with k3b - Unable to mount DVD-R

26.11.2011 5:32, Gregory P. Ennis kirjoitti:
> lshw lists the following :
> *-cdrom
> product: CDRWDVD CRX850E
> capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd

Your drive is a CD-RW/DVD device, it can't write on DVDs. There's
nothing wrong with your OS or software.

--
Markku Kolkka
markku.kolkka@iki.fi

Markku,

Thanks for you kindness in answering such a bad question. You certainly
saved me from wasting any more time on this.

Greg