Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Default X window

After log in, I have to give command startx to start the X window.

How to start it automatically?

Ramachandran

Old 03-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez

On Tuesday 25 March 2008 11:13:43 ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:
> After log in, I have to give command startx to start the X window.
> How to start it automatically?
> Ramachandran

Which runlevel are you booting in?
Use: runlevel to find it out

You might want to boot in number 5.

Manuel.

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 11:19 +0100, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2008 11:13:43 ramachandranc1@aim.com wrote:
> > After log in, I have to give command startx to start the X window.
> > How to start it automatically?
> > Ramachandran
>
> Which runlevel are you booting in?
> Use: runlevel to find it out
>
> You might want to boot in number 5.

Also, check that your /etc/inittab has this line:

x:5:respawn:/etc/X11/prefdm -nodaemon

poc