Old 11-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Default saslauthd, PAM & EXIM - F16

I just upgraded my system to F16 and SMTP authentication is no longer
working.

What I have been able to figure out so far is EXIM is passing the
authentication request to saslauthd but saslauthd appears to simply sit on
the request, running a strace -f -p xxxx on the saslauthd process I can
see my username and password sitting there but that's it, its just sitting
there.

output from strace:
fcntl(6, F_SETLKW, {type=F_WRLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=0,
len=1}{sa_family=AF_FILE, NULL}, [2]) = 7
fcntl(6, F_SETLKW, {type=F_UNLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=0, len=1}) = 0
) = 0
accept(5, read(7, "4", 2) = 2
read(7, "username", 4) = 4
read(7, "6", 2) = 2
read(7, "passwd", 6) = 6
read(7, "4", 2) = 2
read(7, "smtp", 4) = 4
read(7, "", 2) = 2
read(7,

I think this means that exim is passing the query to saslauthd correctly
but saslauthd for whatever reason isn't contacting PAM properly.

sysconfig/saslauthd:

SOCKETDIR=/var/run/saslauthd
MECH=pam
FLAGS=

/etc/pam.d/exim:

#%PAM-1.0
auth include password-auth
account include password-auth

selinux is disabled

I know I'm missing something pretty simple but not sure where to look,
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff