-   -   Text search in Libreoffiice (ctrl+f/edit search) fails in the current F16 version (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/602668-text-search-libreoffiice-ctrl-f-edit-search-fails-current-f16-version.html)

Aaron Konstam 11-25-2011 02:19 PM

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 09:20 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> having a Libreoffice problem in F16 with searching text, using Ctrl+F or
> edit/search: no menu appears for entering the text to search. F15 has no
> such problems!
>
> My current LO version: 3.4.4.2-2.fc16.x86_64
>
> Anybody has this effect too?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de>
>
> http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

I have the same version of Libreoffice but on a 32 bit machine and the
find works.

Frank Cox 11-25-2011 03:41 PM

Text search in Libreoffiice (ctrl+f/edit search) fails in the current F16 version

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:20:26 +0100
Joachim Backes wrote:

> having a Libreoffice problem in F16 with searching text, using Ctrl+F or
> edit/search: no menu appears for entering the text to search. F15 has no
> such problems!

I've seen this before and have fixed it with the big hammer approach:

rm -r ~/.libreoffice

Then just restore your custom libreoffice settings from your backup (or set it
up again).

Joachim Backes 11-25-2011 03:47 PM

On 11/25/2011 05:41 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 09:20:26 +0100
> Joachim Backes wrote:
>
>> having a Libreoffice problem in F16 with searching text, using Ctrl+F or
>> edit/search: no menu appears for entering the text to search. F15 has no
>> such problems!
>
> I've seen this before and have fixed it with the big hammer approach:
>
> rm -r ~/.libreoffice

This is really a big hammer. After having files a BZ, I got the advice
to remove only ~/.libreoffice/3/user/registrymodifications.xcu

That helped!

> Then just restore your custom libreoffice settings from your backup (or set it
> up again).

Kind regards

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes