Old 11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
John Aldrich

Default Display resolution problems

I just did a fresh install of Fedora 16 on my system which has an integrated
Geforce video card ( GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a/PCI/SSE2) and I *know* my
monitor (flat panel 19" Dell LCD) is capable of 1280x1024, but I can't seem to
get it to go to that resolution. I know it works, because A) I do it on my
Dell Optiplex in Windows and B) I did it before in Fedora 15. Suddenly
1280x1024 is not an option. How do I fix this? I've installed the nVidia
drivers and rebooted, but I still can't get 1280x1024.

Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Craig White

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 12:47 -0500, John Aldrich wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of Fedora 16 on my system which has an integrated
> Geforce video card ( GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a/PCI/SSE2) and I *know* my
> monitor (flat panel 19" Dell LCD) is capable of 1280x1024, but I can't seem to
> get it to go to that resolution. I know it works, because A) I do it on my
> Dell Optiplex in Windows and B) I did it before in Fedora 15. Suddenly
> 1280x1024 is not an option. How do I fix this? I've installed the nVidia
> drivers and rebooted, but I still can't get 1280x1024.
----
no reason to ask essentially the same question just 2 hours after the
last time you asked and a most reasonable suggestion was made.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:41 PM
John Aldrich

On Thu November 24 2011 6:07:46 PM Craig White wrote:
> ----
> no reason to ask essentially the same question just 2 hours after the
> last time you asked and a most reasonable suggestion was made.

Craig....are you sure I asked in THIS list? If so, I apologize. I'm having
some issues with the new version of KMail/KDEPIM and I THOUGHT I asked
essentially the same question on three different lists, hoping that SOMEONE
would have the answer in ONE of the lists. To date, I have received ONE reply,
and yes, it was on THIS list. As I say, I thought I asked on several different
lists, but I apologize if I asked on this list multiple times in a short
period of time.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Saturday 26 November 2011 15:41:08 John Aldrich wrote:
> On Thu November 24 2011 6:07:46 PM Craig White wrote:
> > ----
> > no reason to ask essentially the same question just 2 hours after the
> > last time you asked and a most reasonable suggestion was made.
>
> Craig....are you sure I asked in THIS list? If so, I apologize. I'm having
> some issues with the new version of KMail/KDEPIM and I THOUGHT I asked
> essentially the same question on three different lists, hoping that SOMEONE
> would have the answer in ONE of the lists. To date, I have received ONE
> reply, and yes, it was on THIS list. As I say, I thought I asked on several
> different lists, but I apologize if I asked on this list multiple times in
> a short period of time.

You've asked this question first time in the thread

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-November/408340.html

to which I replied cca 20 minutes later. A couple of hours later, you have
opened (at least) two new threads about this, one on this list (the curent
thread),

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-November/408358.html

and one on the KDE list:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/kde/2011-November/010640.html

I believe Craig was referring to my response from the first thread, where you
were asked to provide more information.

HTH, :-)
Marko