Old 11-24-2011, 04:32 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default Recomend a colour laser printer

On 11/23/2011 04:31 PM, Steve Searle wrote:
> After battling for a couple of years with my cheap Dell 1320c printer
> I have decided to throw in the towel as I can't get a 64bit Linux driver
> for it.
>
> Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced network colour laser printer
> that works well with Fedora 16 x64? Let me know what you have if it
> works well.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

I have had good luck with the Brother HL-3070CW.

Mikkel

Old 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Peter Boy

Am Mittwoch, den 23.11.2011, 22:31 +0000 schrieb Steve Searle:
> Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced network colour laser printer
> that works well with Fedora 16 x64? Let me know what you have if it
> works well.

You may have already made your decision. Otherwise I can recommend a
Lexmark color laser, e.g. c54x series or the scanner/fax combo x54x.
Excellent linux/unix driver. They offer a cashBack option for many
models so the cost are comparable to others or less. Toner etc is
reasonable. Hardware, expecially paper feed and print quality are
super.

I bought one a year ago after struggling with various vendors limited
linux drivers, hardware weadness and poor printing quality.

Peter