FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 08:40 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/24/2011 01:28 AM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> > With a little work Gnome 3.2 can be adapted to a desktop that
> > you should have no trouble working with (and liking (maybe)).
>
> So? XFCE does exactly what I want, right out of the box. When it comes
> to forcing Gnome 3.x to do what I want, you clearly have me confused
> with somebody who gives a shit.

Since, you are a XFCE fan maybe you can answer my question that I have
asked before.

Why does XFCE insist you mount a Audio CD before you play it since we
all know that Audio CDs are not mounted in the usual meaning of the
term?
--
================================================== =====================
There is no statute of limitations on stupidity.
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Joe Zeff
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

On 11/24/2011 09:13 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Why does XFCE insist you mount a Audio CD before you play it since we
> all know that Audio CDs are not mounted in the usual meaning of the
> term?

Actually, it doesn't, although it may have in the past. However, if you
want to have the software eject it, you do need to "mount" it first.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Michael Schwendt
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:00:17 -0800, JZ (Joe) wrote:

> On 11/24/2011 09:13 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Why does XFCE insist you mount a Audio CD before you play it since we
> > all know that Audio CDs are not mounted in the usual meaning of the
> > term?
>
> Actually, it doesn't, although it may have in the past. However, if you
> want to have the software eject it, you do need to "mount" it first.

Certainly not. Or perhaps specific to whatever software you refer to.
Commands like /usr/bin/eject ("man eject") can open the tray also for
unmounted media.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Christoph Wickert
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 11:13 -0600 schrieb Aaron Konstam:

> Why does XFCE insist you mount a Audio CD before you play it since we
> all know that Audio CDs are not mounted in the usual meaning of the
> term?

It doesn't, exo-mount even refuses to mount it. What player are you
referring to?

Regards,
Christoph


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Joe Zeff
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

On 11/24/2011 03:03 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Certainly not. Or perhaps specific to whatever software you refer to.
> Commands like /usr/bin/eject ("man eject") can open the tray also for
> unmounted media.

XFCE doesn't offer Eject as an option in the context menu for an audio
CD unless it's "mounted."
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Aaron Konstam
 
Default Fedora - time to blink-XFCE question

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 00:50 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 11:13 -0600 schrieb Aaron Konstam:
>
> > Why does XFCE insist you mount a Audio CD before you play it since we
> > all know that Audio CDs are not mounted in the usual meaning of the
> > term?
>
> It doesn't, exo-mount even refuses to mount it. What player are you
> referring to?
>
> Regards,
> Christoph
>
>

It turned out the fact that you need to mount and audio CD before you
play it turned out too be wrong. My experiment in this was faulty.
--
================================================== =====================
I stick my neck out for nobody. -- Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca"
================================================== =====================
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam@sbcglobal.net

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org