Old 03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
"Laurent Vaills"

Default No more hibernate with kernel 2.6.24.3-12.fc8

Hi,

I am using F8 on a DELL system at work. Until now I had the feature of hibernating my machine during the week-end which was very nice and useful.
But with the last kernel update (2.6.24.3-12.fc8) I do not have this feature anymore ?

How can it be possible ? Is it regression of this new kernel ?

To get back the hibernate feature, do I have to downgrade my kernel ?

Regards,
Laurent

Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 AM
"Laurent Vaills"

it's me again.

Here is an update of my problem : I rebooted my machine and booted on the kernel 2.6.24.3-12.fc8 and I now have back the hibernate feature. So this problem appears only with the latest kernel updated of Fedora.

Laurent

Old 03-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Anders Karlsson

* Laurent Vaills <laurent.vaills@gmail.com> [20080325 08:56]:
> Hi,
>
> I am using F8 on a DELL system at work. Until now I had the feature of
> hibernating my machine during the week-end which was very nice and useful.
> But with the last kernel update (2.6.24.3-12.fc8) I do not have this feature
> anymore ?
> How can it be possible ? Is it regression of this new kernel ?
>
> To get back the hibernate feature, do I have to downgrade my kernel ?

Step back to 2.6.23 or go forward to 2.6.24.3-50 (in
updates-testing). 2.6.24.3-12 has... "known issues" shall we say.

/Anders

Old 03-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Peter McNeil

Anders Karlsson wrote:

* Laurent Vaills <laurent.vaills@gmail.com> [20080325 08:56]:

Hi,

I am using F8 on a DELL system at work. Until now I had the feature of
hibernating my machine during the week-end which was very nice and useful.
But with the last kernel update (2.6.24.3-12.fc8) I do not have this feature
anymore ?
How can it be possible ? Is it regression of this new kernel ?

To get back the hibernate feature, do I have to downgrade my kernel ?

Step back to 2.6.23 or go forward to 2.6.24.3-50 (in
updates-testing). 2.6.24.3-12 has... "known issues" shall we say.

/Anders

shall we say 2.6.24.X have known, serious, and rather annoying issues.