Old 11-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Claude Jones

Default can Thunderbird be configured to pick Fedora system mail?

Subject says it all. I have messages coming to my user logon but I can't
figure out a way to get Thunderbird to retrieve them. I could do it with
KMail, but that's broken for me at the moment.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA

Old 11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Claude Jones
<cjoneslists@tehogeeservices.com> wrote:
> Subject says it all. I have messages coming to my user logon but I can't
> figure out a way to get Thunderbird to retrieve them. I could do it with
> KMail, but that's broken for me at the moment.

Go to Edit > Account Settings, then in the lower left corner select
Account Actions > Add Other Account , and finally in the dialog that
appears select "Unix Mailspool (Movemail)".

-T.C.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Ian Pilcher

On 11/23/2011 09:06 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
> Subject says it all. I have messages coming to my user logon but I can't
> figure out a way to get Thunderbird to retrieve them. I could do it with
> KMail, but that's broken for me at the moment.

The easiest way is probably to install dovecot and tell T'bird that
localhost is a POP3 server.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Claude Jones

On 11/23/2011 10:14 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:06 PM, Claude Jones
> <cjoneslists@tehogeeservices.com> wrote:
>> > Subject says it all. I have messages coming to my user logon but I can't
>> > figure out a way to get Thunderbird to retrieve them. I could do it with
>> > KMail, but that's broken for me at the moment.
> Go to Edit> Account Settings, then in the lower left corner select
> Account Actions> Add Other Account , and finally in the dialog that
> appears select "Unix Mailspool (Movemail)".

Hey, thanks T.C. - one thing that I couldn't figure out - even though I
told it to use the inbox in Local Folders, it still set up it's own
highest level account and its own InBox - is there something I missed? I
really don't want one of those upper level accounts with its string of
boxes if I can avoid it - rather just receive the local mail in my Local
Folders InBox and use a filter to send it to its own single folder

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA

Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 AM
Alexander Volovics

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 09:25:54PM -0500, Claude Jones wrote:

> On 11/23/2011 10:14 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:

> > Go to Edit> Account Settings, then in the lower left corner select
> > Account Actions> Add Other Account , and finally in the dialog that
> > appears select "Unix Mailspool (Movemail)".

> Hey, thanks T.C. - one thing that I couldn't figure out - even though I
> told it to use the inbox in Local Folders, it still set up it's own
> highest level account and its own InBox - is there something I missed? I
> really don't want one of those upper level accounts with its string of
> boxes if I can avoid it - rather just receive the local mail in my Local
> Folders InBox and use a filter to send it to its own single folder

One way is to delete 'inbox' under Local Folders and replace it
with a soft link "ln -s -T /var/spool/mail/xxx inbox".

Alexander