Old 11-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Bryce Hardy

Default fedora 16 64 bits gnome shutdown button

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 6:42 PM, Greg Woods <woods@ucar.edu> wrote:

> I can't find any way to get to the gnome-tweak-tool either other than
> from the command line, is that the way it's supposed to be or am I just
> missing finding it among the Applications?

It's called Advanced Settings in the Applications Overview, or
actually it works for me to type "tweak" in overview mode and it shows
up.

--
Bryce Hardy

Old 11-24-2011, 04:13 AM
Greg Woods

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 18:47 -0800, Bryce Hardy wrote:

> It's called Advanced Settings in the Applications Overview

Thanks, I don't know how I missed that.

> , or
> actually it works for me to type "tweak" in overview mode

I learn something new every day. I didn't know you could type into the
desktop in overview mode until now.

--Greg

Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Alexander Volovics

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 07:42:13PM -0700, Greg Woods wrote:

> Yep. Sure enough, if I activate the alternate-status-menu extension, it
> works, but as soon as I log out, I can't log back in again without the
> "Oh no" screen until I disable the extension.

Yes, a bug.
But you can work around it for the moment by adding a 'picture'
to your account. Click on your name, click on the picture button
next to your name and add one of the 'pictures'.
If you do this the extension keeps working after logout/login.

Alexander

Old 11-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Ron Yorston

Leonardo Silveira wrote:
>how do i add the shutdown button on gnome menu?

My GNOME Shell Frippery[1] has an extension that makes shutting down the
system work more like GNOME 2.

In fact, it has a number of extensions to make things work more like
they do in GNOME 2.

Ron

[1] http://intgat.tigress.co.uk/rmy/extensions/index.html

Old 11-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Greg Woods

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 10:02 +0100, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 07:42:13PM -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
>
> > Yep. Sure enough, if I activate the alternate-status-menu extension, it
> > works, but as soon as I log out, I can't log back in again without the
> > "Oh no" screen until I disable the extension.
>
> Yes, a bug.
> But you can work around it for the moment by adding a 'picture'
> to your account. Click on your name, click on the picture button
> next to your name and add one of the 'pictures'.
> If you do this the extension keeps working after logout/login.

That's bizarre, but yes, it does work!

--Greg

Old 11-25-2011, 12:47 AM
Andre Robatino

Alexander Volovics <a.volovic <at> upcmail.nl> writes:

> Yes, a bug.
> But you can work around it for the moment by adding a 'picture'
> to your account. Click on your name, click on the picture button
> next to your name and add one of the 'pictures'.
> If you do this the extension keeps working after logout/login.

This works, but once I select a new picture, I can't go back to the original
generic one (which is nevertheless shown as an option for some reason). I wanted
to see if the extension would keep working if I changed to a new picture and
then back to the original one.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Alexander Volovics

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 01:47:29AM +0000, Andre Robatino wrote:
.
> > But you can work around it for the moment by adding a 'picture'
> > to your account. Click on your name, click on the picture button
> > next to your name and add one of the 'pictures'.
> > If you do this the extension keeps working after logout/login.

> This works, but once I select a new picture, I can't go back to the original
> generic one (which is nevertheless shown as an option for some reason).
> I wanted to see if the extension would keep working if I changed to a new
> picture and then back to the original one.

Well as they say: curiosity killed the cat {^!*}
I see you have already added to the bug report (bugzilla 739271)

Alexander