Old 11-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Mark Hamzy

Default Bringing up the network and errors

If I boot with "linux askmethod" and the network fails to come up, anaconda does not bring up the manual network configuration dialog. However, if I boot with "linux vnc", the dialog will come up after the failure. Does this sound like a bug to you all?

It seems like in readNetConfig(), LOADER_FLAGS_ASKNETWORK is not set. So, after wait_for_iface_activation() fails, it returns out.

--

Mark

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. -- Marcus Aurelius__________________________________________ _____
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com

Old 11-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Vratislav Podzimek

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 15:37 -0600, Mark Hamzy wrote:
> If I boot with "linux askmethod" and the network fails to come up,
> anaconda does not bring up the manual network configuration dialog.
> However, if I boot with "linux vnc", the dialog will come up after the
> failure. Does this sound like a bug to you all?
>
> It seems like in readNetConfig(), LOADER_FLAGS_ASKNETWORK is not set.
> So, after wait_for_iface_activation() fails, it returns out.
It sounds like a bug. Please file it to bugzilla and provide as much
information as you can -- at least release version and anaconda.log

--
Vratislav Podzimek