Old 11-23-2011, 08:13 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

Default Speeding up boot (was: Fedora - time to blink)

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Lars E. Pettersson <lars@homer.se> wrote:
> My gut-feeling after these install has been no improvement of start-up
> speed. I.e. I have not said to myself "wow, how fast it started". So the
> next question will obviously be, how can I use the data gathered with
> "systemd-analyze blame" to improve start-up speed? Besides finding
> started daemons that I have no need for, like removing ntpdate, that I
> just realized was enabled on my systems, even when using NTP?

There's probably more that can be removed. Many of the
fedora-*.services can be removed depending on your system
configuration. For instance, I removed the fedora-readonly.service
since I don't use read-only /. If you don't use LVM, RAID, or
Multipath, you can speed up your boot significantly.

The author of systemd explained a lot of this in detail here:
http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/blame-game.html

-T.C.