Old 11-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Joe Zeff

Default F14 EOL?

I have yumex check for updates every morning. For the last several
days, there've been none for my desktop on F14. Yesterday, there were a
number of them for my laptop, now on F16. Generally speaking, there's
an announcement at the FedoraForum several days before a version reaches
EOL, and there hasn't been. Anybody know when it's scheduled? (I was
going to upgrade the desktop by now, but I've been distracted by the
problems on my laptop, so it probably won't happen until next week or so.)

From: * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Life_Cycle

End of Life:* One month after GA of current release + 2 releases

Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Joe Zeff <joe@zeff.us> wrote:
> I have yumex check for updates every morning. *For the last several
> days, there've been none for my desktop on F14. *Yesterday, there were a
> number of them for my laptop, now on F16. *Generally speaking, there's
> an announcement at the FedoraForum several days before a version reaches
> EOL, and there hasn't been. *Anybody know when it's scheduled? *(I was
> going to upgrade the desktop by now, but I've been distracted by the
> problems on my laptop, so it probably won't happen until next week or so.)

Fedora 14 is EOL on December 8. [1]

At this moment, there are 29 pending updates [2] and 172 in
updates-testing [3], so it hasn't been forgotten just yet. ;-)

-T.C.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/14
[2] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F14/pending
[3] https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F14/testing

Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
inode0

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Joe Zeff <joe@zeff.us> wrote:
> I have yumex check for updates every morning. *For the last several
> days, there've been none for my desktop on F14. *Yesterday, there were a
> number of them for my laptop, now on F16. *Generally speaking, there's
> an announcement at the FedoraForum several days before a version reaches
> EOL, and there hasn't been. *Anybody know when it's scheduled? *(I was
> going to upgrade the desktop by now, but I've been distracted by the
> problems on my laptop, so it probably won't happen until next week or so.)

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2011-November/003010.html

John