Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Default Bad memory module?

Night before last I started getting the following message
in /var/log/messages about every hour or so.

Nov 23 11:39:50 <machine name> kernel: [54140.456113] EDAC MC0: CE row 1, channel 1, label "": (Branch=0 DRAM-Bank=2 RDWR=Read RAS=15602 CAS=460, CE Err=0x10000 (Correctable Patrol Data ECC))

Does this mean I have a memory module about to go out?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Tom Horsley

> Does this mean I have a memory module about to go out?

When in doubt add a memtest boot menu entry and let it
check out your memory for a few hours:

http://www.memtest.org/