Old 11-23-2011, 03:56 PM
LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas

Default Update of rpmfusion-* on F16-x86_64 is confusing or lost.

Hi friends,

Ref: Linux Fedora 3.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64 (installed and working aparentely
100%)

Verifying new atualizations on KDE environment(F16-x86_64),
I got a window asking to update:

1st> rpmfusion-free-release - RPM Fusion(free) Repository Configuration
16-1.2

2nd> rpmfusion-nonfree-release - RPM Fusion(nonfree) Repository
Configuration 16-1.1

I clicked "apply". The task started and suddenly after showing the
signing window of rpmfusion-free, appeared asking: "Do you trust the
source of the packages? Replying "yes" the task get to a
sleeping/hibernating position and only stops when I cancell it.

I did all(f16-x86_64) installation from scratch.
I found the sign, on the specifyed
URL(/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-16-x86_64).
I can't get free from these two atualizations.

Somebody please help.

Thx,
--
LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas
ETFCSF-> U.G.F.-> P.U.C.(RJ)

Old 11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

2011/11/23 LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas <aa.lucelio@gmail.com>:

> Hi friends,
>
> Ref: Linux Fedora 3.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64 (installed and working aparentely
> *100%)
>
> Verifying new atualizations on KDE environment(F16-x86_64),
> I got a window asking to update:
>
> 1st> rpmfusion-free-release - RPM Fusion(free) Repository Configuration
> * 16-1.2
>
> 2nd> rpmfusion-nonfree-release - RPM Fusion(nonfree) Repository
> Configuration * *16-1.1
>
> I clicked "apply". The task started and suddenly after showing the
> signing window of rpmfusion-free, appeared asking: "Do you trust the
> source of the packages? Replying "yes" the task get to a
> sleeping/hibernating position and only stops when I cancell it.
>
> I did all(f16-x86_64) installation from scratch.
> I found the sign, on the specifyed
> URL(/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-16-x86_64).
> I can't get free from these two atualizations.

Let's try to verify whether the RPMFusion repository is properly
enabled. Open Konsole and run the following command:

sudo yum repolist

That will print a list of all repositories enabled on your system.
"rpmfusion-free", "rpmfusion-free-updates", "rpmfusion-nonfree", and
"rpmfusion-nonfree-updates" should be listed there.

If they aren't listed, try reinstalling the release packages directly
from the command line:

sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm

(My e-mail client will likely split that up into multiple lines but it
should be entered on one line.)

You can then run "sudo yum repolist" again and verify that the
repository is enabled. At that point you should be able to install
packages from RPMFusion using apper, KDE's graphical package manager,
or using the yum command if you prefer.

-T.C.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:43 PM
LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas

Thank you for your atention,

Em 23-11-2011 15:54, T.C. Hollingsworth escreveu:
> 2011/11/23 LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas <aa.lucelio@gmail.com>:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> Ref: Linux Fedora 3.1.1-2.fc16.x86_64 (installed and working aparentely
>> 100%)
>>
>> Verifying new atualizations on KDE environment(F16-x86_64),
>> I got a window asking to update:
>>
>> 1st> rpmfusion-free-release - RPM Fusion(free) Repository Configuration
>> 16-1.2
>>
>> 2nd> rpmfusion-nonfree-release - RPM Fusion(nonfree) Repository
>> Configuration 16-1.1
>>
>> I clicked "apply". The task started and suddenly after showing the
>> signing window of rpmfusion-free, appeared asking: "Do you trust the
>> source of the packages? Replying "yes" the task get to a
>> sleeping/hibernating position and only stops when I cancell it.
>>
>> I did all(f16-x86_64) installation from scratch.
>> I found the sign, on the specifyed
>> URL(/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-16-x86_64).
>> I can't get free from these two atualizations.
> Let's try to verify whether the RPMFusion repository is properly
> enabled. Open Konsole and run the following command:
>
> sudo yum repolist
>
> That will print a list of all repositories enabled on your system.
> "rpmfusion-free", "rpmfusion-free-updates", "rpmfusion-nonfree", and
> "rpmfusion-nonfree-updates" should be listed there.
>
> If they aren't listed, try reinstalling the release packages directly
> from the command line:

They were already there, before the "yum localinstall --nogpgcheck":
[Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$ sudo yum repolist
Plugins carregados: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
id do repo nome do
repo status
fedora Fedora 16 -
x86_64 25.098
rpmfusion-free RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
Free 428
rpmfusion-free-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 - Free -
Updates 22
rpmfusion-nonfree RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
Nonfree 171
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
Nonfree - Updates 26
updates Fedora 16 - x86_64 -
Updates 2.529
repolist: 28.274
[Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$
OK. Even though, is it necessary to do it again?

Old 11-23-2011, 06:52 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

2011/11/23 LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas <aa.lucelio@gmail.com>:
> They were already there, before the "yum localinstall --nogpgcheck":
> ================================================== ========
> [Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$ sudo yum repolist
> Plugins carregados: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
> id do repo * * * * * * * * * * * * * * nome do
> repo * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *status
> fedora * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Fedora 16 -
> x86_64 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *25.098
> rpmfusion-free * * * * * * * * * * * * RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
> Free * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *428
> rpmfusion-free-updates * * * * * * * * RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 - Free -
> Updates * * * * * * * * * * 22
> rpmfusion-nonfree * * * * * * * * * * *RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
> Nonfree * * * * * * * * * * * * * 171
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates * * * * * * *RPM Fusion for Fedora 16 -
> Nonfree - Updates * * * * * * * * *26
> updates * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Fedora 16 - x86_64 -
> Updates * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 2.529
> repolist: 28.274
> [Lucelio@MAQ01 ~]$
> ================================================== ========
> OK. * Even though, is it necessary to do it again?

Nope, everything should be okay. I'm not sure why you got those errors.

Try installing a package from RPMFusion and see if it works.

-T.C.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 PM
LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas

TC,

The simple fact that the repository is listed by "yum repolist" means
that it is enabled?
Once they are there, why the question "Do you trust the source of the
packages?". Is this a bug?

Thx,

Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

2011/11/23 LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas <aa.lucelio@gmail.com>:
> TC,
>
> The simple fact that the repository is listed by "yum repolist" means
> that it is enabled?
> Once they are there, why the question "Do you trust the source of the
> packages?". *Is this a bug?

Well, you should get that when installing the rpmfusion-release
packages, because they're from a source that the system doesn't know
about. (The fact that apper froze afterward seems to be a bug,
though.)

Once you've installed that, it should install the RPMFusion GPG keys
into RPM so you don't get that error when installing new packages from
RPMFusion. Do you still get that message when you try to install
RPMFusion packages, or has it gone away?

-T.C.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
LucÚlio Gomes de Freitas

Em 23-11-2011 17:56, T.C. Hollingsworth escreveu:

> 2011/11/23 LucÚlio Gomes de
Freitas <aa.lucelio@gmail.com>:

>> TC,

>> The simple fact that the repository is listed by "yum
repolist" means

>> that it is enabled?

>> Once they are there, why the question "Do you trust the
source of the

>> packages?". Is this a bug?

> Well, you should get that when installing the
rpmfusion-release

> packages, because they're from a source that the system
doesn't know

> about. (The fact that apper froze afterward seems to be a
bug,

> though.)

I agree with you and until now, for me, I did't do anything wrong,
but

I'm ready to learn.

> Once you've installed that,
it should install the RPMFusion GPG keys

> into RPM so you don't get that error when installing new
packages from

> RPMFusion. Do you still get that message when you try to
install

Trying "sudo yum localinstall --nogpgcheck*" I get the message:

*this "*-release-stable.noarch.rpm" doesn't update the installed
Package.

> RPMFusion packages, or has it
gone away?

No, these are the only two entry that I can't take out of "Apper",
the

rest passes ok.

How do I file this bug. Can you help me?

Thx,