Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora User (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/)
-   -   Can't install nvidia drivers (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/601745-cant-install-nvidia-drivers.html)

Lawrence Graves 11-23-2011 02:12 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
They nvidia drivers are fine. This is the error message received
after attempting to install them.

iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled for tid 0 because load
= 1. What ever this means is the problem I am having with the
install. Solve this mystery and the installation will go smooth.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Kevin Martin 11-23-2011 02:34 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On 11/23/2011 09:12 AM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> Aggregation not enabled for tid 0
Seems like this bugzilla talks about this problem from as far back as January of this year (and a new bugzilla appears to have been
opened; see the last post):

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=648732

Kevin
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Lawrence Graves 11-23-2011 02:43 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On 11/23/2011 08:34 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:



On 11/23/2011 09:12 AM, Lawrence Graves wrote:


Aggregation not enabled for tid 0


Seems like this bugzilla talks about this problem from as far back as January of this year (and a new bugzilla appears to have been
opened; see the last post):

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=648732

Kevin


I read all these threads hoping to find a solution but as you can
see null is the results. I guess I just have to wait. I am not that
good at doing the technical stuff yet because I don't understand the
language yet.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Lawrence Graves 12-16-2011 12:51 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
From what I am observing, there is nothing wrong with the nvidia
drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there is
nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after
installing the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to
install the nvidia drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or
run on. Where ever this has to happen there lies the problem. I
don't know who's problem it is.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

Rich Boyce 12-16-2011 12:56 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On 16/12/11 13:51, Lawrence Graves wrote:

From what I am observing, there is nothing wrong with the nvidia
drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there is
nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after installing
the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to install the nvidia
drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or run on. Where ever this
has to happen there lies the problem. I don't know who's problem it is.


http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fedora+nvidia has as #1 hit
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia which states that 'if you have an older
card, you may need to install kmod-nvidia-173xx or kmod-nvidia-96xx.'
See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html for a list of which cards
need which driver.


Have you tried that yet? Normally there's no configuration needed after
installing the akmod-nvidia package.


HTH,
Rich
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

Lawrence Graves 12-16-2011 01:12 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On 12/16/2011 06:56 AM, Rich Boyce wrote:
On
16/12/11 13:51, Lawrence Graves wrote:


*From what I am observing, there is
nothing wrong with the nvidia


drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there
is


nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after
installing


the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to install
the nvidia


drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or run on. Where
ever this


has to happen there lies the problem. I don't know who's problem
it is.





http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fedora+nvidia has as #1 hit
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia which states that 'if you have an
older card, you may need to install kmod-nvidia-173xx or
kmod-nvidia-96xx.' See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
for a list of which cards need which driver.




Have you tried that yet? Normally there's no configuration needed
after installing the akmod-nvidia package.




HTH,


Rich



Thank you but I have done all of that type of investigation and my
nvidia card is supported. I made sure of that when I built this my
Dell 9400 Inspiron laptop. It is equipped with the latest hardware I
could find in order to keep up with the new tech. It won't be long
though before I will have to buy a more up to date laptop.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

Brian Millett 12-16-2011 01:50 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 06:51:10 -0700
Lawrence Graves <lgraves95@gmail.com> wrote:

> From what I am observing, there is nothing wrong with the nvidia
> drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there is
> nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after installing
> the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to install the nvidia
> drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or run on. Where ever this
> has to happen there lies the problem. I don't know who's problem it is.

I've found that if you follow closely the following instructions, it will work

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752

--
Brian Millett
"Why is it called Babylon 5?"
'Babylons 1, 2, and 3 were sabotaged and destroyed. Number 4 vanished
without a trace 24 hours after becoming operational.'
-- [ Lyta Alexander and Sinclair, "The Gathering"]
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

linux guy 12-16-2011 02:00 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Brian Millett <bmillett@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've found that if you follow closely the following instructions, it will work
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752

I followed the same instructions and they work well.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

Lawrence Graves 12-16-2011 02:25 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On 12/16/2011 08:00 AM, linux guy wrote:

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Brian Millett <bmillett@gmail.com> wrote:



I've found that if you follow closely the following instructions, it will work

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752



I followed the same instructions and they work well.


Gentlemen:

I did this twice with no results. This was not the first time I have
tried this. I just being obedient.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org

linux guy 12-16-2011 02:30 PM

Can't install nvidia drivers
 
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Lawrence Graves <lgraves95@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Gentlemen:
> I did this twice with no results. This was not the first time I have tried
> this. I just being obedient.

I don't doubt you, but please copy and paste your command line session
here for us to see.

Also, please yum list *nvidia*, also lsmod | grep nouveau and lsmod
| grep nvidia

Thanks
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.