Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Mike Iglesias

Default Fedora 8 won't remember bluetooth mouse, hidd not running by default

Adalbert Prokop wrote:

Mike Iglesias wrote on Monday 24 March 2008:

As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not
exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any
hits.

Look for /etc/init.d/bluetooth. The rpm is bluez-utils.

Yes, I have it. And the bluetooth service is started on boot. But it is
not enough. Without the additional hidd service I have to pair the mouse
each time I boot, which is really annoying.

I asked about this a while back on this list, and used (as root) "hidd
--server --search" to get my bluetooth mouse working the first time. It looks
like some information was dropped in /var/lib/bluetooth/<mac addr of device>.
I seem to remember that the next time it booted I got a popup from the
bluetooth monitor (in the upper tray on the right with the bluetooth symbol)
about the mouse, and I clicked "ok" or something like that. Since then it has
just worked for me.

Go to System -> Preferences -> Personal -> Sessions and see if the Bluetooth
Manager is enabled when you log in (assuming you're using gnome, I don't know
what KDE does).

--
Mike Iglesias Email: iglesias@uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926