Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 AM
Lawrence Graves

Default Can't install nvidia drivers on Laptop

I have a Dell 9400 Inspiron with a FX2500m video card and I can not
install nvidia drivers on my laptop.

I get this error results: iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not
enabled for tid 0 because load = 1

How do I go about fixing this firmware problem? Thanking you in
advance.

--

Lawrence Graves
All things are workable but don't all things work.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:37 AM
Joe Zeff

On 11/22/2011 06:32 PM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> I have a Dell 9400 Inspiron with a FX2500m video card and I can not
> install nvidia drivers on my laptop.
> I get this error results: iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled
> for tid 0 because load = 1
> How do I go about fixing this firmware problem? Thanking you in advance.

You didn't say how you were trying to install them, but I'm going to
guess that you're using the binary blob from nVidia. Go here, and
follow the instructions for your version of Fedora:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752 and you won't have
to remember to reinstall them every time there's a new kernel.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:59 AM
"Christopher A. Williams"

On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 19:37 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 06:32 PM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> > I have a Dell 9400 Inspiron with a FX2500m video card and I can not
> > install nvidia drivers on my laptop.
> > I get this error results: iwl4965 0000:0c:00.0: Aggregation not enabled
> > for tid 0 because load = 1
> > How do I go about fixing this firmware problem? Thanking you in advance.
> >

> You didn't say how you were trying to install them, but I'm going to
> guess that you're using the binary blob from nVidia. Go here, and
> follow the instructions for your version of Fedora:
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=204752 and you won't have
> to remember to reinstall them every time there's a new kernel.

...Actually, I know Larewnce. He's using the kmod-nvidia and
akmod-nvidia drivers from the RPM Fusion repository. He's also running
F16 x86_64 and used the standard methods published to install the
drivers.

Not sure what the problem is, but there's definitely an issue somewhere
with the way this is working...

Cheers,

Chris

Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 AM
Joe Zeff

On 11/22/2011 07:59 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> ...Actually, I know Larewnce. He's using the kmod-nvidia and
> akmod-nvidia drivers from the RPM Fusion repository. He's also running
> F16 x86_64 and used the standard methods published to install the
> drivers.

Oh, good. As I said, I was guessing, largely because most people who
haven't run across the fedoraforum aren't aware of the kmod/akmod method.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Lawrence Graves