Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Shaun Jones

Default Gnome shell with Intel 82865G rev 02

Hello

I have been Googling all day and seem to get conflicting reports that this Intel graphics will work with gnome shell or not. I have read a lot about nomodeset either it needs to be there or doesn't. And even some posts about creating a xorg.conf with Intel set as the driver. So what I want to know is will gnome shell work with this graphics chip or am I barking up the wrong tree here. Thanks