Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Joe Zeff

Default Preupgrade b0rk Compiz on my laptop.

Yesterday, I used preupgrade on my laptop to go from F14 to F16. When
it was done, I logged back in under XFCE and found that I didn't have a
window manager running. I've gotten xfwm4 working on it, now, but I'd
like to get Compiz-fusion back. I've tried creating and using a
different user, with the same results: fusion-icon won't run. I've
found this in ~/.xsession-errors more than once from my main login, but
not the secondary:

fusion-icon: error: option -s: invalid integer value: 'ession'

Also, If I run

fusion-icon -v & in a terminal, I get this:

[joe@barrayar Documents]$ * Detected Session: xfce
* Searching for installed applications...
-- /usr/bin/compiz
-- /usr/bin/metacity
-- /usr/bin/xfwm4
-- /usr/bin/gtk-window-decorator
-- /usr/bin/ccsm
* Opening CompizConfig context
Backend : ini
Integration : true
Profile : default
Initializing decor options...done
* No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context
... present with indirect rendering, exporting: LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
* Using the GTK Interface
* Interface not installed
... Trying another interface
* Using the Qt4 Interface

...and when I press Enter, I'm notified of a Segmentation Fault in
fusion-icon. I've not done anything, yet, on my desktop, as I'd like to
know what to do if/when it happens again. I've asked about this on both
the Fedora and XFCE forums, but haven't had a response as yet. Anybody
know what's going on?