Old 03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Adalbert Prokop

Default Fedora 8 won't remember bluetooth mouse, hidd not running by default

Mike Iglesias wrote on Monday 24 March 2008:

> > As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not
> > exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any
> > hits.

> Look for /etc/init.d/bluetooth. The rpm is bluez-utils.

Yes, I have it. And the bluetooth service is started on boot. But it is
not enough. Without the additional hidd service I have to pair the mouse
each time I boot, which is really annoying.

With FC6 and F7 the hidd startup script was part of the bluez-utils
packages and it has mysteríously vanished in F8.

--
bye,
Adalbert

The Marines: The few, the proud, the not very bright.