Old 03-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Adalbert Prokop

Default Fedora 8 won't remember bluetooth mouse, hidd not running by default

Mike wrote on Monday 24 March 2008:

> Then chkconfig --level 35 hidd on

As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not
exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any hits.

Am I the only one missing this file? If you do have it: which package does
contain it?

--
bye,
Adalbert

I don't even butter my bread. I consider that cooking. -- Katherine
Cebrian

Old 03-24-2008, 09:47 PM
"Dick Seabrook"

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Adalbert Prokop <adalbert.prokop@gmx.de> wrote:

Mike wrote on Monday 24 March 2008:

> Then chkconfig --level 35 hidd on

As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not

exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any hits.

Am I the only one missing this file? If you do have it: which package does

contain it?

Mine appears to be /usr/bin/hidd
Check 'man hidd' for arguments.
Dick S.

--
Dick Seabrook ~ Anne Arundel Community College
http://enterprise.aacc.edu/~rhs ~ Speed the Net!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Mike Iglesias

Adalbert Prokop wrote:

As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not
exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any hits.

Am I the only one missing this file? If you do have it: which package does
contain it?

Look for /etc/init.d/bluetooth. The rpm is bluez-utils.

--
Mike Iglesias Email: iglesias@uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

Old 03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Adalbert Prokop

Dick Seabrook wrote on Monday 24 March 2008:

> > As I wrote: this was NOT possible, because /etc/init.d/hidd does not
> > exist. "yum whatprovides /etc/init.d/hidd" also did not gave me any
> > hits.

> Mine appears to be /usr/bin/hidd
> Check 'man hidd' for arguments.

You misunderstood me. I do not look for the deamon hidd - I know where to
find it. I'm missing the startup script (AKA service) in /etc/init.d
which was part of bluez-utils in FC6 and F7 but is missing in F8.

--
bye,
Adalbert

Thyme's Law: Everything goes wrong at once.