Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Jonathan Ryshpan

Default How to make temperature applet report in celsius

The KDE temperature panel widget on my system reports the temperatures in degrees F.* I would prefer it to report in degrees C, since all the literature about max safe temperature, etc. gives values in degrees C.* How can the thermometer scale be controlled?

System is Fedora-16 running on an x86_64 system.* KDE version is 4.7.3; temperature widget version is 2.0.

Thanks - jon

Old 11-22-2011, 07:11 AM
Marko Vojinovic

On Monday 21 November 2011 23:33:46 Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> The KDE temperature panel widget on my system reports the temperatures
> in degrees F. I would prefer it to report in degrees C, since all the
> literature about max safe temperature, etc. gives values in degrees C.
> How can the thermometer scale be controlled?

AFAIK, the temperature widget uses the global KDE settings for that. Go to

systemsettings -> Locale -> Country/Region&Langunage -> Other

and change the measurement system from imperial to metric. That should do it.

HTH, :-)
Marko