Old 11-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Konstantin Svist

Default Anybody using lxdm or slim with xfce?

I tried switching the default login manager (gdm) to lxdm, but it just
crashes after I enter my password.

lxdm writes a bunch of errors into /var/log/lxdm.log:

** Message: find greeter (nil)

** Message: find idle (nil)

xauth: file /var/run/lxdm/lxdm-:0.auth does not exist
** Message: add xserver watch

Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyuse: X [:<display>] [option]
<help for command line options>

I've also tried SLiM - it lets me in, but a bunch of things don't work
in the xfce shell -- volume control is busted, NetworkManager seems to
randomly forget the wifi passwords, and so on.