Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Morgan Read

Default system console redirection - all but boot messages redirected ttyS0?

Hello Folks

I'm running f14 (still)

I've successfully configured my machine (hp ml150 g3) to redirect bios,
grub menu and login prompt - but, between the grub menu and the login
prompt I'm missing the boot messages. If I remove "quiet" from
grub.conf's kernel line I get kernel messages reported to ttyS0, but
leaving "quiet" in boot messages are report to tty0 but not ttyS0.

Any pointers any one has would be much appreciated?

(The most up-to-date information I've found seems to be here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Dracut_problems#Configure_a_serial_co nsole
Anything else out there?)

Regards,
Morgan.