Old 11-19-2011, 03:40 AM
John Wendel

Default yum update killed ssh

Just a heads up.

I'm pretty sloppy about keeping track of updates, so I don't have the
details at hand, but the latest update of glibc from updates-testing
killed ssh and scp. I guess it happened this morning. Symptom was libc
reporting ssh freeing bad pointer. Yum downgrade glibc fixed the problem.

Regards,

John

Old 11-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:40:11 -0800
John Wendel <jwendel10@comcast.net> wrote:

> Just a heads up.
>
> I'm pretty sloppy about keeping track of updates, so I don't have the
> details at hand, but the latest update of glibc from updates-testing
> killed ssh and scp. I guess it happened this morning. Symptom was
> libc reporting ssh freeing bad pointer. Yum downgrade glibc fixed the
> problem.

You should be able to look at yum history or /var/log/yum for versions.

The odd thing is that there hasn't been an updates-testing glibc for
quite a while. There's one pending today, but it's not yet pushed.

kevin