Old 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Gene Heskett

Default forcing an fsck? Was "kmail dead in water"

Greetings;

I set the mount count, using "tune2fs -C 200 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00"

which reported no error, but a reboot was normal, so how do I force an e2fsck
against it?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 PM
"Arthur Pemberton"

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-force-fsck-on-the-next-reboot-or-boot-sequence/

( www.pembo13.com )

Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Gene Heskett

On Monday 24 March 2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 9:13 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net>
wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I set the mount count, using "tune2fs -C 200 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00"
>>
>> which reported no error, but a reboot was normal, so how do I force an
>> e2fsck against it?
>
>http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-force-fsck-on-the-next-reboot-or-boot-seq
>uence/

Thanks, about to do it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Old 03-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 10:13 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I set the mount count, using "tune2fs -C 200 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00"
>
> which reported no error, but a reboot was normal, so how do I force an e2fsck
> against it?
I am not sure what you want to do but I don't think your command above
will do it. Read the description of -C in man tune2fs.
Do you want to do a e2fsck at every mount. Then:
tune2fs -c 1 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
might be what you want.