Old 11-18-2011, 12:49 AM

Default Fedora 16 and switchable graphics - ATI Radeon HD 6600Mvideo(Sony VAIO SA25GB)

Hi,

>> (But is "intel" the correct Xorg driver for the Intel HD graphics from the sandy bridge chipset?)
>
>Thats the incorrect kernel module name. The names depend on the
>chipset in use. Mine for example is i915. I would advice ask these
>questions on the Phoronix forums, you will have greater chance of
>finding answers.

I'm talking about the xorg driver, is it the same as the kernel module?

How can i find the chipset name?

[]s, Fernando Lozano

Old 11-18-2011, 06:49 AM
suvayu ali

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 02:49, <fernando@lozano.eti.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> (But is "intel" the correct Xorg driver for the Intel HD graphics from the sandy bridge chipset?)
>>
>>Thats the incorrect kernel module name. The names depend on the
>>chipset in use. Mine for example is i915. I would advice ask these
>>questions on the Phoronix forums, you will have greater chance of
>>finding answers.
>
> I'm talking about the xorg driver, is it the same as the kernel module?

AFAIK, yes it is. open source graphics drivers are included in the
mainline kernel.

> How can i find the chipset name?

Try lshw. Or looking at the VAIO manual or website.

--
Suvayu