Old 11-17-2011, 01:31 AM
"Linda McLeod"

Default Does Fedora repair itself..? What can't/doesn't Fedora repair in itself..?

Is there a Fedora package that can send an active front-lines point,
crawling through the whole OS, determining and repairing any new
damage.. to fix it with an always clean secondary read only image, after
custom configs done and locked-in the archive OS..?

Old 11-17-2011, 01:35 AM
Robert Myers

Is there a Fedora package that can send an active front-lines point,

crawling through the whole OS, determining and repairing any new

damage.. to fix it with an always clean secondary read only image, after

custom configs done and locked-in the archive OS..?

The fact that guaranteeing the integrity of the O.S. is not nearly so easy keeps I.B.M.'s uber-expensive hardware and software on the market.

Robert.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Don Quixote de la Manvha

No but there are lots of ways to prevent damage. Learn how to work with selinux then always keep it enabled. Don't log in to the desktop as root. Learn about users, groups and permissions, then configure them properly.

The Mac OS X Disk Utility can repair the permissions on the startup volume. In principle a similar tool could do that for Linux, but I dint know of one.

Sent from my iPhone

Old 11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Lamar Owen

Is there a Fedora package that can send an active front-lines point,
crawling through the whole OS, determining and repairing any new
damage.. to fix it with an always clean secondary read only image,
after

custom configs done and locked-in the archive OS..?

Something like DeepFreeze?

Google for 'linux deep freeze fedora' and you'll find all kinds of
pointers. There is a package called Ofris, a set of scripts called
LinFreeze, among others.--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org