Old 03-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Frank Cox

Default acroread cursor in document

I read a lot of documents using acroread in "reading mode". (How many times
can I get the word "read" in one sentence...)

Most of the time, I can use cursor-right (or space) and cursor-left to move
back and forth through my document, page by page. Quite infrequently, though,
for reasons I've not yet figured out, I somehow get a cursor in my document and
cursor-right and cursor-left just move that cursor right and left through the
text on the page instead of moving me to the next/previous page as usual.

I haven't figured out either what causes that cursor to appear, or how to get
rid of it once it does. The only way I have found to get things back to normal
is to close and re-open my document.

These are mostly PDF's that I create myself from OpenOffice or with CUPS-PDF.

What's going on and how can I make it stop?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Wolf

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 23:39 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> I read a lot of documents using acroread in "reading mode". (How many times
> can I get the word "read" in one sentence...)
>
> Most of the time, I can use cursor-right (or space) and cursor-left to move
> back and forth through my document, page by page. Quite infrequently, though,
> for reasons I've not yet figured out, I somehow get a cursor in my document and
> cursor-right and cursor-left just move that cursor right and left through the
> text on the page instead of moving me to the next/previous page as usual.
>
> I haven't figured out either what causes that cursor to appear, or how to get
> rid of it once it does. The only way I have found to get things back to normal
> is to close and re-open my document.
>
> These are mostly PDF's that I create myself from OpenOffice or with CUPS-PDF.
>
> What's going on and how can I make it stop?

In Adobe Reader, got to the TOOLS menu, then select 'Select &
Zoom' (This is using Version 8.xx) and choose the HAND TOOL. That allows
paging through the file with the left & right arrow keys..

Wolf

Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Frank Cox

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:52:23 +1100
Wolf <wolfgang@rpi.net.au> wrote:

> In Adobe Reader, got to the TOOLS menu, then select 'Select &
> Zoom' (This is using Version 8.xx) and choose the HAND TOOL. That allows
> paging through the file with the left & right arrow keys..

Thanks! I will do that.