Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Steven Stern

Default yum-updatesd - not working - F16

yum-updatesd is not notifying me of updates or downloading the updates
when/if it finds them. I have it set to check once a day. The daemon is
running, but there are no notifications. The config file follows.

Is there any way to force it to "verbalize" its actions or produce a
debug log?

[main]
# how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
run_interval = 14400
# how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
updaterefresh = 600

# how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
emit_via = email
mail_to = root
# should we listen via dbus to give out update information/check for
# new updates
dbus_listener = yes

# automatically install updates
do_update = no
# automatically download updates
do_download = yes
# automatically download deps of updates
do_download_deps = no
~
--
-- Steve