Old 11-16-2011, 01:22 PM
"Christopher A. Williams"

Default Gnomescreensaver - What's up with this?

I'm really confused.

I had information that gnomescreensaver was being removed from Gnome
3.X, but it's clearly still there and in use in F16 for screen blanking
and locking. But I can't find any way to configure it at all.

I tried removing it and replacing it with Xscreensaver instead, which
kind of works, but I then no longer have the ability to lock the screen
from the Gnome menu controls.

So - Is Gnomescreensaver here to stay or not? If so, how are we supposed
to configure it, and if not, why is it still hanging on by a thread and
why isn't there a straight forward way to set up an alternate that
works?

Chris

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert,
in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."

-- Milton Friedman,
American economist and Nobel Prize recipient