Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Kevin Cummings

Default F7 K6-2 system losing time

I'm playing with an old motherboard of mine. Its an AMD K6-2 500MHz
processor, w/384MB PC-100 SDRam (Max amount). Its running the latest F7
kernel, and its losing time. Almost 15 seconds / minute (ouch!). This
motherboard used to run my main home server, running on RH9 & FC2
without any problems with its timekeeping. Now that I'm playing with F7
on it in a *very* minimal system (few server services, X11, nfs, but no
http, no email, etc) its losing time big-time. Even running ntpd can't
keep up with it. In fact, it re-syncs to the correct time only when I
restart ntpd.

Anyone have a clue as what's wrong with it?

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com