Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Fernando Hallberg

Default NFS problem

Hi,

You only need rpcidmapd, portmap on the centos box

Edit the /etc/sysconfig/nfs

And use /export filesystem as the fsid=0 on the /etc/exportfs

Export all directories you need mounted on the /export with the -o bind on the mount command, and add refer=/dir on /etc/exportfs on the nfs4 server

you want to add the rpc and nfs mounts on the fstab too
rpc_pipefs /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs defaults 0 0
nfsd /proc/fs/nfsd nfsd defaults 0 0

Fernando

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:59:30 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre@sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 23:30 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > I'm trying to NFS-mount a CentOS directory on my Fedora laptop,
> > but I find I can only do this is I turn off the firewall
> > on the CentOS server.
> >
> > If instead I go to system-config-securitylevel-tui on the server,
> > and allow NFS4, this does not do the trick.
> > Nor does allowing port 2049.
> >
> > What do I need to allow?
>
> Here is my note regarding how to make this work:
>
> Create the file "/etc/sysconfig/nfs" and add the following contents:
>
> STATD_PORT=4001
> LOCKD_TCPPORT=4002
> LOCKD_UDPPORT=4002
> MOUNTD_PORT=4003
>
> Append the following to the file "/etc/services":
>
> rquotad 4004/tcp # rpc.rquotad tcp port
> rquotad 4004/udp # rpc.rquotad udp port
>
> Restart the nfs services
>
> >From there, open these ports -> 111:tcp, 111:udp, 2049:tcp, 2049:udp,
> 4001:tcp, 4001:udp, 4002:tcp, 4002:udp, 4003:tcp, 4003:udp, 4004:tcp,
> 4004:udp

Fernando Hallberg <fernando@flexdigital.com.br>
Flex Digital Soluções em Redes de Dados
http://www.flexdigital.com.br

Old 07-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Lars Tennstedt

Hello,

I tried to set up a nfs server and a nfs client in my network. I
followed the instructions from the arch linux wiki. The server's ip
address is 192.168.0.100 and the client's one is 192.168.0.101. I
inserted the option --no-notify in /etc/conf.d/nfs-common.conf on the
server. Here are the entries of the configuration files.