Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Ian Malone

Default Trends - how to save Fedora ?

On 15 November 2011 15:34, Darryl L. Pierce <dpierce@redhat.com> wrote:
>> > - Drowning in F16 bugs.
>> > - being busy with getting things up again.
>> > - being busy with other tasks.
>>
>> Would have taken less time to write that bug report than the many
>> replies in this thread.
>
> +1 A bugzilla takes a much time and effort as posting an email to
> complain about a missing feature or a bug.

Not to do it properly with reproducibility, searching for related
problems and trying to collect sufficient information to make the bug
worthwhile.

Also my favourite bugs of late have been ones that affect my net
connection. Not that the developers on that haven't been very helpful
(they have), but if *everything* you are using your computer to do is
going slow (and I don't just use my computers to file Fedora bugs as
it turns out) then filing other bugs drops down your priority list a
bit.

Just thought I'd chip into this otherwise really very silly thread.

--
imalone

Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
"Darryl L. Pierce"

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 05:42:25PM +0000, Ian Malone wrote:

> >> Would have taken less time to write that bug report than the many
> >> replies in this thread.
> >
> > +1 A bugzilla takes a much time and effort as posting an email to
> > complain about a missing feature or a bug.
> >

> Not to do it properly with reproducibility, searching for related
> problems and trying to collect sufficient information to make the bug
> worthwhile.

Unless this was the first time the problem occurred (and who posts
complains or BZs on the very first bad experience?) then you have a
general idea of how to reproduce the problem. So, again, if you have
enough information to complain then you also have enough to post a bug
report.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/