Old 11-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Hugh Caley

Default Gnome Shell locks up when I search

If I click on Activities, and then type a few letters, my shell
locks up; my mouse moves around but the rest of the GUI just stops
dead.* If I switch over to a console and check top the gnome-shell
process is taking 100% cpu and will continue to do that for several
minutes (that's as long as I've left it).

Fedora 16, nVidia GeForce 210 video, dual display, nouveau driver.

Hugh

--

Hugh Caley

Linux System Administrator

Aldon Business Area

Rocket Software

6001 Shellmound St. Ste. 600 Emeryville, CA 94608 USA

Tel:+1.510.285.8542

Email:hcaley@aldon.com

Web:aldon.com