Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Chuck Anderson

Default udevadm settle hangs forever and ever on liveinst

I just did a F16 LiveCD (USB) install on a ThinkPad T61. The
installer kept hanging due to "udevadm settle" hanging. I had to
repeatedly type "killall udevadm" from a terminal everytime the
storage code was doing something just so the install would complete.
The install completed successfully and the system boots despite that.

I know I've seen this before on F15 at least, but only on this laptop.
Any hints about how to debug this?

Thanks.